Hi! I’d love to come to your next event!
Every time I hear Niki speak I find myself scrambling for a pen and the back of a candy wrapper so I can take frantic notes. You will want to listen to her forever and you’ll also want to supply pens full of ink and lots of fresh paper for note taking.
Myquillin Smith, “The Nester”, author of The Nesting Place.
I’m a people person, passionate about relationships. I just love spending time with folks at events, getting to know them, sharing my story, hearing theirs, and diving into the good, the bad and the ugly of life. I love to come to women’s events and spend time laughing, crying, sitting in the hard stuff, and getting practical about real life and our amazing God.
I use biblical truths along with everyday stories, humor and practical tools to encourage us all to find the full life God has for us, right in the middle of our often messy and painful everyday lives.
Our speaking ministry icuTalks is extremely honored and pleased to have experienced the courage, resiliency, and authenticity of Niki Hardy. Niki shared with genuine humility, humor, and vast knowledge of God’s Word. Most importantly, her vulnerability and transparency allowed our audience to see His Love and witness how suffering with endurance produces hope. Niki Hardy is a voice of hope. His Hope.
Kim Honeycutt, MSW, LCSW, CCFC, LCAS, Executive Director and Co-Founder of icuTalks, Tedx Speaker & Psychotherapist
Are you an EVENT PLANNER?
I’ve spoken on all these topics and would love to tailor them to suit your audience, or cook up something new to fit your event.
Unfortunately none of us are immune to life’s earthquakes; a scary diagnosis, the loss of a loved one, a divorce, breakup or bankruptcy, infertility, the list goes on. God said there’d be troubles in life (I know, I wish He hadn’t said that) but He also said He came that we might have life to the full (phew!). Holding these two seemingly contradictory verses together, Niki encourages you that,
- We don’t need to wait for the troubles to be over to experience God’s abundant life.
- Joy, connection, laughter and intimacy can be found where there’s currently only worry, anger, and exhaustion.
- It’s OK to laugh when all you want to do is cry.
Thrive, and Not Just Survive.
When life stinks so badly you need an industrial air freshener just to get out of bed, it can leave us feeling exhausted, overwhelmed and hopeless. We keep on keeping on, just surviving, trying to stay afloat. Using her own personal story and with wisdom from other “thrivers”, Niki teaches us how to
- Use the 7 tools to thrive and not just survive, no matter what life’s thrown your way
- Replace old habits with new tools, to carve a more full life right where you are.
- Replace the lies our situation tells us with the truth God’s love reveals to us.
What Kind of God Allows Suffering
In this moving talk, Niki looks at the standard Christian response to why God allows suffering then goes beyond it examine His response to our personal pain and answer “What does God say to me in my pain and heartache?” You are challenged to discover God meets us in the three areas that compound our suffering.
- Personalization – the belief our suffering
- Pervasiveness – the belief that our whole life is affected
- Permanence – the belief that we will always feel this way
Hear God’s Still Small Voice Against the Roar of the World
The world is a noisy place; fast paced, loud and throwing messages at us every second. Add to that our own inner voice and the lies of the enemy it’s not wonder we struggle to hear God’s voice against the din. Niki challenges you to
- Distinguish between the voice of God, the enemy, the world and our own “mind talk”
- Use both sides of your brain to actively listen to God.
- Tune out the world and tune into God to find the answer to life’s two most important questions.
God’s love is a slippery thing. We yearn for it, we chase it, and try and wrap our heads around it. Yet so often we either doubts it’s real for us, or it gets stuck in our brains gathering dust as head knowledge, not sinking to our hearts to heal and transform the way we think, feel and act. In this moving talk Niki invites you to,
- Ask what’s stopping you grasp the depth of God’s love; lies, hurt, wounds, anger, shame?
- Gain a deeper understanding of your worth to God heal these wounds.
- Abandon old thinking patterns for new feeling patterns and live loved.
Listening to Niki is like catching up with an old friend. Her humor is infectious and her wit and wisdom is hard earned. Her willingness to be truly transparent with life’s messiness helps the rest of us to feel safe to do the same.
Deb James – conference attendee
Having Niki speak at St Mary’s was an absolute gift. Her vulnerability, sense of humor and passionate reliance on God’s faithfulness in the midst of the chaos of life, was both inspiring and life changing for our congregation. Her ability to speak so openly about the challenge of living life in fullness in the face of adversity paved the way for an incredibly powerful time of ministry after her talk.
Rev Ben Jones, St Mary’s Marylebone, London
You can listen to a couple of my talks here.
“Woman Up & Claim Your Promised Land” a Sunday sermon at Citychurch Charlotte.
Continuing a series on Claiming our Promised Land, Niki asks why we aren’t already living fulling in our land, and looks to Deborah as a model for how we can all ‘Woman Up’ and claim what God has promised us.
“Thriving in the Storms of Life”
A talk from Matthew 8 where Jesus calms the storm. Here I ask “How can we not just survive, waiting for the storm to end so we can start living again, but how can we find peace, joy, and the abundant life Jesus promised us, while it rages around us?”
“The Miracle of Abundant Life”
Looking at the Miracles of Christmas, Niki asks “what does it look like when God gives us the gift of abundant life?” and questions how we should respond when He does? For Mary it didn’t look quite as she expected, and the same is often true for us.
The first time I heard Niki speak it was like listening to a new best friend I just hadn’t met yet. She speaks truth in her easy, best girlfriend way, but with authority and power. She didn’t know me then, but spoke about my struggles by telling us her own. Niki is a good storyteller, and a joy to listen to with her lovely British accent. but the most important thing is every time she speaks, she points people to Jesus.
Helen Van Wagenen – CityChurch Charlotte
Calendar of Events:
- Myers Park Presbyterian Bible Study, April 21st, 2017
- Women’s Breakfast – CityChurch Charlotte, May 13th 2017
- St Mary’s Bryanston Square, London, England, May 7th 2017
- K-Love’s Single Moms Event, Charlotte, NC, September 16th 2017
- icuTalks, Charlotte, NC, January 16th 2018
- Rockharbor Women’s Coffee Morning, Charlotte, NC, March 17th 2018
- Winsome Retreat, Manns Choice, PA, April 12-15 2018
- Women’s Breakfast – CityChurch Charlotte, May 12th 2017
- Westminster Presbyterian Church Women’s Retreat, November 2-4th 2018
If you’d like me to speak at your next conference, retreat, seasonal gathering or prayer breakfast just fill in the form below and I’ll get right back to you.